Monday, February 18, 2013

The Rant On Where I've Been!


So I've been gone for a while now.  It has been an unannounced absence.  And it wasn't announced because it was unexpected and the result of circumstance. 

When I first started missing posts, it was a simple matter of work got very busy at the same time, the woman with whom I live with that I'm related to by marriage, also got a very busy social calendar going.  The result was that I was literally coming home from work, to change and then leaving without doing another thing.  This left no time for the blog. 

Oh, sure, I could have taken time from work or Mrs. JAML's events to post on the blog.  But since the blog neither pays me nor decides whether I sleep on the couch, I decided the best course of action was just to take a week off.

Now, during that week, a thread gets started about the canal on the chatter.  Which rehashes the same old tired arguments.  Quite frankly, I'm sick of talking about the canal.

Yes it is a wonderful idea/project that is worth every penny and ounce of sweat that goes into it.  It was studied before hand and well thought out.  It would have been a boom to our downtown. 

Sadly, at the very least it is on hold until the next administration because of people who lack vision.  Either because they can not see past their own selfish petty personal wants (like MBHeights) or because they just plain lack vision and understanding about how things work in the world today. 

The fact is that those people did not want to see the canal because they were afraid it would succeed.  And when everyone saw that it succeeded, well then that would threaten their petty self interest. 

Do you want an example of this?  Well lets take the new post on the canal on the CCC, in which Jules points out that Oklahoma City built a canal with great success.  MB asks how that is progress.  Really?  The article told you how it was progress.  But that progress threatens MB's selfish look on the world, so he would just like to dismiss the facts presented in the article (as he probably did in the study that went into the decision to build the canal) and thus, dismisses his own credibility,

Then the jabs started to fly on the thread.  That's fine with me.  But here's the deal.  MB is only going to get on posters that are not in line with his way of thinking.  People who he agrees with can throw out whatever barbs they want to the other side because they are helping his cause.  And remembered he is threatened by people who don't believe in his way of thinking.

Want proof?  Well Quasar, who like Granny, I have much respect for even though we may disagree, had to point out to HoosierTaxpayer that a previous post was in violation of the term of use agreement.  Not MB who had posted in between HT's post and Q's reminder.  He was willing to over look it because it was on his side.

Then Kelley tries to attack me in ways that are going around the "letter of the law" but are definitely in violation of the "spirit of the law".  That's fine.  It was an easy comeback as pointed out in the post below and quite frankly she was not that creative.  Although that would not come as a surprise to anyone who has ever read her writing.  Although, if you ever have trouble falling asleep... oh never mind.

Then you have Tina, who loves to stick her nose into every one's business, because she has the same problem that MB has.  People who think differently than her, are a threat to her view on how the world should work.

At this point, I just began to feel like I was trying to knock down a concrete wall by slamming my head into it repeatedly. 

And then suddenly, I just felt burnt out.  Probably just a combination of all the things involved, but honestly, I didn't even want to pull up my own site.  And I haven't until today. 

But when you see people like Jules posting facts about like projects because she wants more for Jeffersonville, it reminds you that there are people out there with the city's future's best interest at heart and that we are not alone.  And it reminds you that Jeffersonville, our home, is worth the fight.  Not just to make it better than what it is.  But to make it the best she can be.  This lovely lady called Jeffersonville has been very good be to me.  I owe her at least that much.  So I'm willing to do what the other side is not.  I'm willing to break down that cement wall that stands in the way between Jeffersonville and her future.  Even if it means I feel like I'm bashing it with my head.

6 comments:

  1. Now I understand why my head hurts this afternoon!! :)

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a headache for you just reading that thread Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JAML, what do you expect bashing your head against the concrete wall made up of a few Chatter members to do? It won't change a thing in regard to the canal. You should try bashing your head against the concrete wall made up of the city council and mayor if you really want to see the canal become a reality. The local politicians are the ones who have the final decision on the canal, and they're not going to be influenced by a few members of a forum they love to hate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just exactly when does Tina find time to sell any houses? Of course people "recognize" her as the Tina on the Chatter, she is in every single conversation, whether or not she has any vested interest or not. People of Jeffersonville, please do not call this girl to be your Realtor, she does not have the time. lol

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes her name pops up as the last poster in almost every sub-forum. When I see that I log right back out without reading anything.
    Tina, the Chatter's most prolific poster. And unfortunately for the Chatter, the most tedious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the worst part, is she really thinks she is witty, but she is just really...um....not. I have to ask again, when does this girl work???

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete