Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Lousy Weather's Weekend Wrap Up

I'm short on time and have a lot to touch on so I'm just going to give a look at the lousy week's forecast.  A weather system moves in late Monday and will spread rain across the area.  Then that system is just going to sit here and it will have no intention of moving.  Just like a mother-in-law during a visit.  Rain will switch back and forth to snow before going to snow showers by the end of the week.  While there doesn't look to be much in the way of accumulations, any snow showers that fall at night could cause a few slick spots.  And it's just going to get cooler and cooler as the week goes on.  If you have a chance to enjoy the weather tonight or tomorrow during the day, take the time.  It's going to be crummy after that for a while.

Now, on to the Wrap Up:

-Well the big story of the week was the back and forth between mayor Mike Moore and county commissioner Rick Stephenson.  What started as communication to try and come to an agreement on a payment deal on past due money owed to the animal shelter.  What it turned into was a he said/he said where Stephenson claims that Moore offered the county a deal, but only if Tom Galligan was removed from airboard.  Moore of course denied it.  You can see WHAS 11's story here.  And for those of you who are playing the at home game, this would be the third time that Moore has been on the news recently and the third time its been embarrassing to the city.

First let me say that if two weeks ago I felt like I was bashing my head into the wall, then when this story came out I was down right giddy.  And what made it even better is, that while most of little mikey's supporters knew just to keep quiet and hope that it blows over quickly, Tina was not that smart.  Can't say that I'm surprised.  And she just kept letting me hammer her because she was too stupid to just shut up.  (I know, you're shocked too!)  I tell you it was like shooting fish in a barrel.  Really stupid fish that think the gun is a camera and keep swimming to the top of the barrel to say "cheese".  She didn't want to say anything bad about either candidate so she just kept saying nothing and looking really stupid and petty trying to play word games to defend little mikey.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, lets get to the heart of this matter.  Given the two options, I believe Mr. Stephenson.  I don't know him, but I have to say that I have no reason to not like him.  No, I didn't vote for him, but that doesn't mean that I still can't like him.  And I may vote for him next time.  I have made it no secret that I'm not a one party guy.  And the fact he is indeed interested the progress and growth of our area to cross party lines to do what is best for the county is a great sign for us all.  The fact that he also will call out Moore for his petty and unethical act is even better.  It seems that, much like his fellow Republicans on the city council, Stephenson will not be bullied by Moore. 

Then there is the reality of the situation.  Mike Moore used a debt owed to the city, one that he started while a commissioner, as bargaining chip to try and oust a former political rival.  Childish.  Petty.  And unethical.

And let's do the math real quick.  Democrats, city council republicans, and now a republican commissioner have all battled with Moore.  To me that adds up to Moore being the problem.  But I think everyone already knew that.  The only ones who wont admit that are the ones who don't have the city future as a priority. 

Let me again say thank you to Commissioner Stephenson for standing up for what is right and crossing party lines.  Both sides could use more people like you.

-Haven't gotten enough Moore yet?  Well then there is this.  Apparently little mikey said this week that he will listen to any body who wants to come in and build a canal.  Really?  Didn't that already happen.  Didn't you run them off or ignore them?   Hey mikey, we aint fallin for it.

-Want Moore?  Too bad.  Your getting it for desert too.  So the council was again trying to decide on whether or not to approve a bond for the pump at Cane Run.  And Mike Moore was there to give them the information.  So he says.  Have a look see:

Start at about 13:45.  You'll see that Moore more or less demands that they ask him those questions right now.  Very forcefully I might add.  And then he quickly leaves.  What mikey?  Couldn't find a few minutes to give the council the information they needed regarding this very expensive project?  If you ask me, little mikey just felt like playing games all week. 

-I will be back on Tuesday to get to all the non-Moore-on stuff.  Try and enjoy tomorrow.  Until later, feel free to comment below and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment