Tuesday, October 23, 2012

One (and I emphasize one) Moderators Hypocrisy

If you haven't been to the CCC today the thread on the rumor going around has been closed by MDHeights1.  That's fine.  While I'll agree that there was probably a little too much speculation going, as I stated below I would not allow it on here either, there was also legitimate conversation going on about the situation and why this could be a legitimate deal.  I respect that decision to close the thread.

What I don't respect is a  moderator playing games and being hypocritical.

Earlier today "Kelley" made several post on several different threads that didn't amount to anything.  Commenting on threads that have been up for weeks.  In fact she commented on no less than NINE threads today.  All today.  And what did she add to those conversations?  Some examples:

-"Did anyone go to the Grand Opening?"

-"Congratulations!

If you need any editing help, let me know!

Kidding!"

-"I get you, Tina!"

Now that's really adding to the conversation (complete sarcasm).  It was nothing more than poorly disguised attempt to move the rumor thread down out of sight.

My two problems with this. 

1.  Your a moderator which is a position of power and responsibilities on the site.  And you use this to play games.

2. She used one the "bumps" as a chance to laugh at a shot taken at the "Oracle".  So now she's telling us who we take shots at or laugh at.  Hypocrisy I say.

She's not above this and has done it before.  Her favorite nickname has been on the site to call the Oracle the Orifice.  Really? 

Your a moderator.  Your supposed to be the adult among the children that are the posters.  And that's how you act? 

3 comments:

  1. The censorship masked as moderation on that site is ridiculous. If you removed all spin, rumors, & lies from every post there wouldn't hardly be any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With some perhaps. I will say that I have always found Grumpy Granny to be fair and open to ideas. Some others have a quick trigger on what to pull when it goes against what they believe. And by that I mean what they believe should be going on in politics.

      I will say that they let the "Rumor" thread go on much longer than I thought they would.

      My main problem is with Kelley trying to bury it with comments like the ones above and then taking a shot at someone in the process.

      Delete
  2. When did Kelley take a shot at someone? Can you quote that "shot" and explain how it translates to laughing at someone or telling others who to laugh at?

    Betcha can't.

    It's quite sweet that you get fired up wanting to take up for your friend, but in this case you are hallucinating, making things up, whatever you want to call reporting things that did not happen.

    ReplyDelete