Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11

  It has been 11 years since the tragic events of September 11th, 2001.  I will not try to speak on the events or the tragedy as there are people far more qualified to do that properly.

  What I will briefly talk about is how I felt that day.  I can describe how felt in one word.  Scared.  Not hiding in the corner scared or crying scared.  But a nervous scared.  We all lost something that day beyond the tragic human loss of life.  We lost that security that we all felt up until that day.  With our mighty army and two grand and vast oceans to protect us, I think most of us felt like we safe to go about our daily lives without any threat of being attacked on our home soil.

  We at least some of that, that day. 

  I can remember driving around that day and watching the news and wondering if it was over or was there more to come.

  As time has passed those feelings obviously diminished. 

  Then a few years ago a friend of mine told me that he found a complete video package of the days events on YouTube and he makes it a point to watch them every year to remember where we were that day and just how tragic and scary it was. 

  I've been doing the same ever since and now give you the opportunity to do the same if you like.







































There is actually a group of YouTube videos that will take you all the way up until the nightly news or later if you so desire.  Just search and I'm sure you'll find it and about a hundred more.

No comments:

Post a Comment