Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Best Post You'll Read All Year

So over on the chatter (yes I'm back, at least part time, and at least for now, more on that later), but over on the chatter is a thread about the wheel tax.  And in general a lot of bitching and moaning is on the thread which you can read here.  But it has provided some great post.  One by Grumpy Granny telling Tina that little old ladies can afford $25 a year and can speak for themselves thank you very much!  (I know, it's hard to believe that Tina was involved in a thread over there but stick with me here.)  Now that was awesome.  But the post by "stewartfan14" today may be the most honest and well thought out post you'll ever read.  A big thumbs up to you Stewartfan14!



stewartfan14
stewartfan14
    Resident
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
    Posted Today, 12:47 PM
    When people get to the point where you have no idea what you're cutting, but you want it cut anyway, then you're far from an informed taxpayer. That's all I'm reading here.  Cut the expense, cut my taxes, but you have no clue what you're asking our leaders to cut.   This is more of the "people are cheap, and they love to whine" thing, not an informed electorate. You may think you're informed, but I guarantee you are not.  I don't agree with every decision county government makes, but I will stand up for Kevin as he chose to wade into this pig sty and work to fix it.  Where are the rest of you? Right.  You're doing nothing and whining about what the guy who did decide to serve is doing.  If you don't like it, then YOU run. Otherwise cut a bit of slack and let these people do their jobs to the best of their ability.

    Listen, I don't like paying taxes any more than the rest of you do. But I also realize that if you cut county expenses much more, the same bunch of you that think any tax is a bad tax are going to start carping and whining that the very services you've come to expect, you aren't getting anymore.  In other words, it's fine to be conservative, but this whole tea party thing has been driven off in the ditch with lunacy. You are no different than your garden variety liberal, in that you want something for nothing. No difference whatsoever, you just can't (or choose not to) see it. Try coupling conservatism with reality and then we can talk, and I'll guarantee you I'm just as conservative as those who are bitching the most on here.  The only difference is, I get it. I get the reality of maintaining what everybody, you and I included, have come to expect.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment